San Marino Summer Academy will be moving forward with online classes for the 2020 Summer. I know it is less than ideal, however better than a complete cancellation. I find great comfort in knowing that our students will still have the opportunity to strengthen academic skills, explore a passion, or just try something new. It is my hope that these online summer courses will provide some structure for students during the summer, while helping to maintain a connection with peers.
A few important updates about Summer 2020:
- Registration deadline has been extended to May 15, 2020.
- Last day to cancel and receive a refund is May 15, 2020.
- In the event a class lacks enrollment or isn’t applicable as an online class, it may be cancelled. The student will have the opportunity to move to another class. If a class cannot be found, a full refund will be given.
- On Monday, April 27th our website will be current. Please see www.smsummer.us for a list of current classes being offered.
- If books or materials are needed for a class, you will be contacted by your teacher and receive information about pick-up times/dates.
- Once registration closes, class rosters will be created. Teachers will create an online classroom platform and parents will receive online invitations. Classes will begin as originally planned, Monday, June 1, 2020.
- All classes will be “live” and continue as previously scheduled.
- First day of summer school is Monday, June 1, 2020.
- No school Friday, July 3, 2020 in recognition of Independence Day.
- Last day of summer school is Friday, July 10, 2020.